Sunday, November 30, 2014

How do you know if you find "the one"?

I'm a sucker for true love. I am so in love with the idea of love, it's insane. On idle moments, I have a silent conversation with God to please, please let me meet that person for me immediately.

While he is stuck in traffic, or misreading his map, or busy doing something else, I take joy in talking with people who are lucky enough to find their other half. I always ask these people, "how did you know that he/she is the one?"

They always have the same answer. "You won't really know."

All these movies I watched fooled me, then. I've always thought it's a ground-shaking, heart-stopping, eventful moment when you meet that one person. But apparently, it's not. It could happen, but it mostly doesn't.

"It's choosing the same person everyday, whatever the circumstances are," my married friends told me.

Making a choice sometimes is difficult, but it is necessary for a relationship to thrive. It is committing to the same person even if you find something better, even if times are difficult.

Someday, I hope I find that one true love who would choose me, every single day every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment